3977wg
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Home Phone engaged

For the past two weeks have been trying to get Telstra Faults to fix home phone.

Engaged signal or one long single beep has been the sound on the phone.

Same problem with a Vtech and Panasonic phone.  I have also purchases a Vtech corded phone (at suggestion of Telstra Tech) and still same problem.

Faults has taken me through all the procedures they have. Rebooted, factory reset, unplug all other phones and as I said finally I bought a new single corded phone and still no good.

Just got off fourth call back call with Telstra and said they are escalating again.  All looks good from their end they keep telling me when they run their tests.

After rebooting I do get a dial tone but after one call it goes back to being busy.  This is the same whatever phone I use so its not the phone.

Have had no problem for 18 months.  Internet working fine.

Modem is Telstra F@ST 5355 model.

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem.  Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Home Phone engaged

I don't think that there is anything that you can do from your end, it sounds like a configuration issue. Whether that is within Telstra's or NBN Co's system is anybody's guess.

Have you lodged a formal complaint about it, or have you just been going through the standard front of house tech support? It may get resolved quicker if you lodge it as a formal complaint as then there will be a single complaints manager following it through for you.

https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now