CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Mimi24
Level 1: Cadet

NBN phone line only

Answered
Hi, Telstra yesterday switched my home telephone line to nbn. I have a phone only no data.
I have a new uniden sse45 series and the answering machine light is flashing but when I check it says there are no messages. How do I access my messages or remove the light. Or do I need to activate messages and can I do so without changing my phone plan. Need to sort out urgently as I am a carer and messages needs to work. Can you please help ? Thankyou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN phone line only

Hi there @Mimi24

When you moved over to the nbn, there may have been a reconfiguration of your message bank settings that occurred automatically.

Are you able to get in touch with billing on 13 22 00 to see if message bank has been added? If so, please request that it is removed. Message Bank would override your answering machine, which may explain the issue you are having.

Let me know how you go.

- Will

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN phone line only

Hi there @Mimi24

When you moved over to the nbn, there may have been a reconfiguration of your message bank settings that occurred automatically.

Are you able to get in touch with billing on 13 22 00 to see if message bank has been added? If so, please request that it is removed. Message Bank would override your answering machine, which may explain the issue you are having.

Let me know how you go.

- Will

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now