bhagya99
Level 1: Cadet

Need an unpowered handset. An old 'Telstra' phone to use during power outages.

Wind downed power lines and started a bushfire near my house. The power went out. As all my landline phones are powered, I had no telephone. I need an old 'Telstra' phone that works without power. They don't seem to exist anymore.

Stopped in at a Telstra shop and the girl there had no idea what I was talking about and suggested I do this.

Anyone know where to get a landline phone that will work in a blackout?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Need an unpowered handset. An old 'Telstra' phone to use during power outages.

Thanks for coming through. Sorry for the frustration. Have you transitioned to the NBN, or are you still on the copper network? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bhagya99
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Need an unpowered handset. An old 'Telstra' phone to use during power outages.

I'm still on ADSL2+ with an old fashioned landline and I'd love an old Telstra phone that will work when there is no power.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@bhagya99 wrote:

Wind downed power lines and started a bushfire near my house. The power went out. As all my landline phones are powered, I had no telephone. I need an old 'Telstra' phone that works without power. They don't seem to exist anymore.

Stopped in at a Telstra shop and the girl there had no idea what I was talking about and suggested I do this.

Anyone know where to get a landline phone that will work in a blackout?

@bhagya99 You can buy a corded phone new from major retailers (Even Telstra sells them). Or, via eBay etc.

I have a couple of old Telstra phones that I keep for that very thing :-)

Go Tiges!
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying. According to the website - https://tel.st/gaw57 - We still have the T1000S available. Please give our team a call on - 1800 676 442 - to discuss your options. - Matthew 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now