CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Acctphd81
Level 1: Cadet

New Telstra easy control 202 handsets not working properly

Answered

I have recently received my new Telstra easy control 202 phones.  After charging them for 16 hours, I set about inputing contact details in the address book and set up the answering machine message.  After this I registered the phones (DECT) and now I have a few issues.

On handset 1:

- There is no longer any option to access an address book, and all the contacts I put in are lost;

- There is no longer any option (in the menu) change the settings/message for the answering machine;

- There is no longer any options for call blocking in the main menu

On handset 2:

- It rings silently, despite having selected a ring tone and the "medium" volume level.  This is not so much of an issue compared to what's going on with handset 1.

Plus:

- The intercom buttons don't work;

- Nor does the page function on the answering machine,

- nor does the "do not disturb" button work.

I don't know why these issues all suddenly occurred upon registering with DECT.  Does anyone know how to fix them?  I'd be happy to do a factory re-set on the phones, but have no idea how to do that (and can't find any instructions - nor is there any option for on in the phone menu).  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: New Telstra easy control 202 handsets not working properly

Use the same method you used to register with gateway but press the locate handset button on the base instead of pair button on gateway.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Have you registered the handsets to a Telstra Gateway?
Acctphd81

Yes, it was just when I registered the phones to the gateway that I lost half of the functions in the menu on the handset.  I've even de-registered the phone and re-registered it but that didn't fix any of the issues.  I really think they need a factory re-set as the phones don't even interact with the answering machine, nor does the intercom work.  Nor does the answering machine pick up any unanswered calls.  

I've now plugged in a different phone that works wonderfully well so I'll be using that from now on.  

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Acctphd81

Apologies for any inconvenience you're currently experiencing

If the phone ringer does not ring, please check the following:

• Check if ringer volume is switched off.
  • Check if Call Block or DND is not active or switched on.
  • When DND is switch on DoNotDisturb is displayed.

You can find above & more helpful information here 

If you still have trouble, please contact our fault team on 132 203

Telstra Business customers should call 132 999

If you need help connecting your cordless phone to the NBN call us on 1800 834 273 or
go to www.telstra.com/NBNgatewaysetup

If your device is faulty, please call us on 13 22 00 or go to  https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/home-phone/ or http://www.telstra.com/faultyproducts

Please let me know if you have any questions

I'm happy to assist where possible or at least point you in the right direction

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

If the phones are registered on the gateway the handsets will not be able to access the functions of the base.
In order to use the functions of the base the handsets need to be registered with base only and base plugged into phone port on gateway, Have you tried plugging the base into phone port on gateway, De-registering phone handsets from gateway and register phone handsets to base only?

Acctphd81

Ah ha!  Well that wasn't in the guide provided with the phone.  Thanks for explaining that.

I have deregistered both phones from the gateway but I have no idea how to register them back to the base.  

Accepted Solution

Use the same method you used to register with gateway but press the locate handset button on the base instead of pair button on gateway.

View solution in original post

Acctphd81

Thanks!!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now