CrowdSupport®
Stegan
Level 2: Rookie

'New Voicemail' on landline handset

Answered

Hi,

My VTech handset (also happened on my previous Panasonic ones too) displays a persistent (I keep clearing it and it morphs back within a minute or two) notification 'New Voicemail'.

My handset answerphone is turned off.

My Telstra messagebank is switched off - yet curiously I still get the 'stuttered' dialing tone?

Two phone calls to the Telstra support have been fruitless - worse still, broken promises to ring back and today a rude disconnect without ringing me back (having my numbers).

Any ideas to clear this message would be appreciated

ps. supplementary. On this crowdsupport settings page, it displays that I have one message but that I do not have enough privileges to open it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stegan
Accepted Solution

Re: 'New Voicemail' on landline handset

Hi,
My Messagebank issue has been resolved following the intervention of the Executive Customer Contact Team. (I wrote to the chief executive in the end)
It has been explained as incorrect trouble shooting from the initial set up of my messagebank service causing the stutter on my landline service. From what I can gather, the messagebank was closed when it still had a message lodged on it? And then it could not be reactivated by me.
There has also been an apology for the failures of the customer support team to keep their promises to ring back and feedback will be supplied to their managers.
A happy ending after a bumpy journey.
Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Stegan

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-T-Voice/T-Voice-503-deactivate-voicemail/td-p/790448

Hi,

This (above Crowdsupport link) did not work for me, unfortunately. Despite several calls to customer support and over an hour yesterday on the 'chat' system with a resulting remote modem reset, I still have the stuttered tone with Messagebank turned off?

..and a handset display 'New Voicemail', which when deleted, pops right back again like a genie.

...and the promised return phonecalls from support have not been honoured, either.

I have opened the chief executives page on the website and sent a complaint.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Stegan,

If you call 125101 does it take you to the voicemail setup options or give you an error?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Stegan

Hi

Thank you for your interest.

The stuttered dial tone - 125101 - takes me to....

"You have no messages. For mailbox set up press 3"

Then more options. Personal greeting, etc.

Steve.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the info. Certainly sounds like the messagebank is active on your connection which you probably do no need as you have the answering machine function on the phone. 

You mentioned lodging a complaint through, if you can let me know the SR reference number I can have a look into the progress for that.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Stegan

Hi Alistair,

Had a phone call from a representative a couple of nights ago. They reset the modem remotely (again) and all was fine for about one minute. (Clear dialing tone)

Then the stuttered one returned...

I was wary of this happening and fortunately, asked the rep if someone could ring back in 24 hours to check if all was well? They have rang back and have 'escalated' to level 2 in another attempt to clear the messagebank. (lots of attempts so far!)

My complaint number is SR 1-1858781936728

Thanks.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reference. The level 2 team that the faults team escalated to would not be working over the weekend so you should get this followup either today or possibly tomorrow depending on their queue. The complaints team are also due to get back to you over the next day or 2 so there should be a resolution to this shortly for you from either one of these paths. 

- AlistairQWA

Stegan
Accepted Solution

Hi,
My Messagebank issue has been resolved following the intervention of the Executive Customer Contact Team. (I wrote to the chief executive in the end)
It has been explained as incorrect trouble shooting from the initial set up of my messagebank service causing the stutter on my landline service. From what I can gather, the messagebank was closed when it still had a message lodged on it? And then it could not be reactivated by me.
There has also been an apology for the failures of the customer support team to keep their promises to ring back and feedback will be supplied to their managers.
A happy ending after a bumpy journey.
Steve

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now