Highlighted
Muzza9
Level 2: Rookie

New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Answered

I was connected up to NBN on Friday 20 May and I then installed the Telstra Gateway Max. Internet and Foxtel are working ok however when I connected the base of my cordless Panasonic (Model KY-TG8162ALB) into the Green Phone Port on the Gateway I am not able to receive calls. The green Voice/Phone ligh is on and  I have a dial tone, can make calls and callers can leave messages on Messagebank but I don’t want to keep checking this each day to see if there has been a call. The base is more than 30 cm from the modem and I’m using a grey RJ12 cord to connect to the green port.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Muzza9
Accepted Solution

Re: New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Problem has been fixed. I'd been conrtacted on 26 May by Telstra to follow up my installation. When I advised them of my phone issues they checked a few things with me and then tried to contact Technical Support. After trying for 15 minutes they advised me that Tech Support must have a lot of calls as they couldn't get through to them. We arranged for Telstra to give me a call the next day when I was home from work. When I got home from work the next day the phone issues had been fixed by Tech Support. Telstra contacted me and I confirmed all was good. I did find later that my message bank pin had been reset / changed which was annoying. I rang 132200 to arrange for this to be changed and was directed to www.telstra.com.au/messagebank. After filling out the online form and being advised that it would take 24 hours it gave me a clue as to what the number might have been and what it would be set to. I tried it and can now access message bank.

Everything is now working.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Muzza9
Accepted Solution

Re: New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Problem has been fixed. I'd been conrtacted on 26 May by Telstra to follow up my installation. When I advised them of my phone issues they checked a few things with me and then tried to contact Technical Support. After trying for 15 minutes they advised me that Tech Support must have a lot of calls as they couldn't get through to them. We arranged for Telstra to give me a call the next day when I was home from work. When I got home from work the next day the phone issues had been fixed by Tech Support. Telstra contacted me and I confirmed all was good. I did find later that my message bank pin had been reset / changed which was annoying. I rang 132200 to arrange for this to be changed and was directed to www.telstra.com.au/messagebank. After filling out the online form and being advised that it would take 24 hours it gave me a clue as to what the number might have been and what it would be set to. I tried it and can now access message bank.

Everything is now working.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now