Highlighted
LOSTAGAIN
Level 1: Cadet

No DIal Tone, line busy, but ADSL is OK

Can this happen? We have no dial tone, dont know for how long it hasnt worked as we rarely make calls.

Done an isolation test and phone still no dial tone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Alan_B
Level 11: Detective

Re: No DIal Tone, line busy, but ADSL is OK

This regularly happens in our household, the usual culprit is a phone being left off hook. The internet still works but the phone line is busy.

Unplug everything from your phone line and ring your home phone, you should hear a ringing sound, if it is still busy then it is probably a line fault which should be reported to Telstra.   

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No DIal Tone, line busy, but ADSL is OK

Hi LOSTAGAIN,

If you still require assistance after Alan_B's suggestion 

I'd recommend reporting this to our 24x7 landline fault team

You can reach them on 132203 for residential or 132999 for business 

Yo can also report these online via http://tel.st/dv2z 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now