CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Belle4757
Level 1: Cadet

No dial tone in home phone

Answered

Hi, I have just relocated and I have set up my gateway (set up instructions were clear and easy to follow). There is no problem with connect to net using my iMac, AppleTV and iPad however I am unable to make phone calls on my landline. I have tried ringing the number and I there is definitely an open line but the handpiece does not ring and there is no dial tone to enable me to ring out. The handset is a near new device (Uniden) which worked OK at my previous address (I was using Optus at my previous address). The message on the display on my phone handset says 'check TEL line'. 

I would appreciate any help you have to offer.

Thanks

Belle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: No dial tone in home phone

Belle Hello,

Not good when this dont work the way it should however there is always a way to get it fixed quickly and painlessly.

Please goto this link and follow the isolation test to determine if your handset is faulty.

Fault with my home phone line or handset

If you have tested your handset and think that its working I would talk to residential faults and raise a fault 13 22 03.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

Belle Hello,

Not good when this dont work the way it should however there is always a way to get it fixed quickly and painlessly.

Please goto this link and follow the isolation test to determine if your handset is faulty.

Fault with my home phone line or handset

If you have tested your handset and think that its working I would talk to residential faults and raise a fault 13 22 03.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Belle4757

Thanks for your help extendo. It appears to be a faulty handset - which is annoying because I haven't had it long. I will test the line again once my telstra phone arrives with the removalists.

Thanks again. 

No dramers what so ever at least you will get a new shiny device in the post Smiley Tongue

Have a great day mate.

Jenpott88

I have done the trouble shoot test but still no dial tone. Internet is working fine. So you want me to ring you. derrrr! How? My phone line does not work. Do I Skype WHAT!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Jenpott88

You can also log your phone fault online 

http://tel.st/dv2z

And we'll be in touch. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

frustration1

no dial tone, just had ndbn connected apparently, now no home phone, and they give you a number to ring,..ring them with what,, if you got no mobile,been on site trying to connect with someone, and getting chased around in circles, worst service ever,,

Support Team
Support Team

Hi frustration1,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Do you have an alternate service you can use to contact the NBN faults team on 1800 834 273?

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now