Highlighted
Stew83
Level 1: Cadet

No internet or home phone

No dial tone on home phone but when calling the number from mobile it rings but home phone doesn’t make any noise Adsl doesn’t work either no lights on modem just power any suggestions on what to do been nearly a week with no internet or phone

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No internet or home phone

Calling 132203 and reporting the fault would be step 1 (I would have done that after a few hours of the phone not working). There is no Step 2 at this stage, it sounds like a line fault.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Stew83
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah reported the fault was told would be investigated by the 3rd of December but nearly a week without internet or phone it’s not good enough
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Stew83, welcome to CrowdSupport. Technicians are booked on a first available basis so I am sure that the 3rd is the absolute earliest we can have one out to you.

Coming at it from another direction, the problem with the landline could be your handset, have you tried plugging another in then calling your number to see if it rings? The ADSL fault could just be a case of unfortunate timing.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now