Highlighted
jklllllll
Level 1: Cadet

Phone Calls not made

Answered

Hi 

I noted on my bill this month that two phone calls have been made from my landline. We do not use a landline at home and do not have one plugged into the wall. I'm sure you receive this feedback all the time but I don't actually want a landline but I have to have it apparently.

I was surprised to see 2 phone calls on my bill to a number I am not familiar with and when I called the number (from my mobile) it was a window company based on the Gold Coast (I live in Melbourne).  When I called Telstra I was advised that it was impossible and that the calls had been made. At the time I thought why should I make a big deal about it because the cost was approximately $1. However, when reviewing my bills online I noticed that there are couple of calls from my landline over the past 6 months. These calls are made to different numbers and none of the numbers do I recognise. Again its not big cost but its more the principle of being told the calls were made when we do not have a landline phone at home plugged in.  

I'm unsure how these calls have been made and would like it to be investigated. I am happy to provide further information but it is any calls made from my landline in the last 6 months.  

Thanks

JK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Calls not made

Sounds like a routing glitch (which shouldn't happen). The quickest way to get it resolved will be to lodge a formal complaint via 132200 or https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

That way there will be a single person assigned to follow it through, rather than having to try and explain the problem to multiple call centre staff who really aren't trained to deal with a problem of that nature.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Sounds like a routing glitch (which shouldn't happen). The quickest way to get it resolved will be to lodge a formal complaint via 132200 or https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

That way there will be a single person assigned to follow it through, rather than having to try and explain the problem to multiple call centre staff who really aren't trained to deal with a problem of that nature.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jklllllll
Level 1: Cadet

thanks - I have lodged a formal complaint.  

Level 21: Augmented

These are often called phantom or ghost calls... They often indicate short circuiting on your line or problem in the local exchange and they should be investigated further... The advice by @Jupiter is sound and I would follow that as soon as possible...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now