arowe
Level 2: Rookie

Phone Line

Answered

Hi,

I had a phone line connected to my house which is fine however it keeps failing for the purposes of ADSL being too much transmission loss.

Now I herd that people could apply to have a NPGDSL line connected and this would sometimes fix the issue.

Is this still possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Line

"NPGDSL" is a code that was put on connection orders, all it did was force Manual cable assessment before the service was connected.

If you have applied for Bigpond, they would have already done what NPGDSL does to see if you can get an ADSL service connected. For excessive transmission loss, there isn't much that can be done.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

"NPGDSL" is a code that was put on connection orders, all it did was force Manual cable assessment before the service was connected.

If you have applied for Bigpond, they would have already done what NPGDSL does to see if you can get an ADSL service connected. For excessive transmission loss, there isn't much that can be done.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
arowe
Level 2: Rookie

No worries.

Thanks for the info

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now