BWHW
Level 1: Cadet

Phone connected to NBN modem will not ringtone when somebody is calling my number

My home phone will not ring when somebody dialling my home phone number.Dial tone present and I can ring out but when I dial my I phone shows no ID but rings that number

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Phone connected to NBN modem will not ringtone when somebody is calling my number

When someone rings your number does the phone light on the modem change colour? What type of NBN connection do you have?

BWHW
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Phone connected to NBN modem will not ringtone when somebody is calling my number

The modem light stays green when somebody tries to call my number but still no ringtone on my phone.Have no idea what NBN connection I have

Mkrtich
Level 11: Detective

So do you have two problems with your home phone , is that correct? Your phone is connected to Green Port 1 on the Telstra NBN modem (or if on FTTP, direct to the NBN Connection Box) and have you tried another phone to isolate the possible cause? 

1. When you successfully dial someone, your home phone display does not show the number dialled - indicates a problem with the telephone, not the modem. Does your home phone require batteries for display to operate?

2. When people dial your number, you don't hear the phone ringing - does your phone have a Volume Control switch for Ring adjustment - Off/Medium/High. 

Highlighted

If you have the Gen  2 modem the phone light should flash green, if you have the older Gen 1 modem the light should turn blue. It looks like incoming calls are still being directed to your old connection in the exchange. I suggest you ring support and ask that they check that your Telephone number has been transferred correctly to the NBN.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now