CrowdSupport®
Dfisher74
Level 3: Gumshoe

Phone down - how long for a tech visit?

Answered
My home phone is down at the moment, no dial tone just static and the ADSL 2 speed is really slow, not that it ever was ADSL 2 anyway. I reported the fault Friday arvo. A line test was done and I was told a tech would be out most likely Saturday morning with a deadline set for Monday for the problem to be fixed ( there was a loop or something) All good I tout except when late Saturday arvo nobody had been, same issues, so I rang again and was told that the timeline for the tech visit was anytime between Saturday AM and end of Monday. But different to what I was first told but anyway it's now Sunday, problems still exist and am none the wiser as to when or if a tech will come. I've been told he may or may not need access to the property, and if he does he will ring - which isn't really helpful. Is it normal to be given such an open time frame for a tech to come?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone down - how long for a tech visit?

This should be resolved within the guidelines of the CSG Standard:

The guaranteed maximum repair periods specified by the CSG Standard are:

Service location Time for repair1

UrbanEnd of one full working day after report1
Major RuralEnd of two full working days after report
Minor RuralEnd of two full working days after report
Remote

End of three full working days after report

Note: The above timeframes relate to when you are entitled to compensation. I would suggest reviewing http://www.telstra.com.au/csg for more information. It should also be noted that CSG commences on the next business day, so if your fault was reported after 5pm on Friday then the above timeframes wont start until 8am Monday morning.
B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone down - how long for a tech visit?

This should be resolved within the guidelines of the CSG Standard:

The guaranteed maximum repair periods specified by the CSG Standard are:

Service location Time for repair1

UrbanEnd of one full working day after report1
Major RuralEnd of two full working days after report
Minor RuralEnd of two full working days after report
Remote

End of three full working days after report

Note: The above timeframes relate to when you are entitled to compensation. I would suggest reviewing http://www.telstra.com.au/csg for more information. It should also be noted that CSG commences on the next business day, so if your fault was reported after 5pm on Friday then the above timeframes wont start until 8am Monday morning.
B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now