Highlighted
SallyR1
Level 1: Cadet

Phone green light not showing on NBN Gateway modem, T-Voice 503 cannot find base

Answered

Near tears after over 2 hours on phone, trying to convince Telstra that I am trying to register a 503 T-voice to a NBN Gateway modem and that there are no cables in the box to manually connect a wifi handset to the modem....a disaster. 

Anyone help? Finally got internet up and running, phone worked before Telstra guided me into the internet, but phone green light not on now and trying to register phone with a message that it can't find its base (darling Telstra lady laughed at this and didn't quite understand what it meant). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone green light not showing on NBN Gateway modem, T-Voice 503 cannot find base

Hi SallyR1
Have you pressed the Pair button on the Telstra Gateway until it flashes blue and then tried to connect handset?

If the phone light on top of the gateway is not green then there is a fault. Try turning Gateway off and then back on. If that doesn't work try a factory reset by pressing reset button for about 10 seconds. Reset button is below power button and you need a bent paper clip to press the button.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Zeljac

Re: Phone green light not showing on NBN Gateway modem, T-Voice 503 cannot find base

same here, been taken on a run-around by the chat support people 3 times disconnected and waited for a free support person, 1.2 hrs so far and still waiting

Zeljac

in the end (after 1.5 hrs wasted with chat support, Telstra you have serious problems) I connected the phone base direct to the Telstra modem/router and it is now working BUT I still want it placed in its original position and connected to the wall jack, is that too much to ask for???

If you have a FTTN connection the wall phone sockets can not be used. They have to be rewired and disconnected from the incoming phone line and isolated from the phone wall socket connected to DSL port on the modem, before they can be used to extend the green phone port on the modem to another area in the building.
With NBN HFC and FTTP connection the phone cable from the street must be isolated from the phone sockets before they can be used.
Accepted Solution

Hi SallyR1
Have you pressed the Pair button on the Telstra Gateway until it flashes blue and then tried to connect handset?

If the phone light on top of the gateway is not green then there is a fault. Try turning Gateway off and then back on. If that doesn't work try a factory reset by pressing reset button for about 10 seconds. Reset button is below power button and you need a bent paper clip to press the button.

SallyR1

Thank you so much. The reset did it
Snoozie

I had a problem with the T-voice 503 phone searching and giving no base message, so couldn't pair with gateway, all 3 lights were green. After many hours wasted turning things on and off, restarting,  reading blogs and user manuals ,  my sister suggested removing the batteries from the handset and putting them back in. .......... the joy was instantaneous !!!!!!!!

The screen said unregistered, hit register and it worked immediately !!

Woohoo no more endless searching or no base messages 😃

If only this was a suggestion in the user manual ? 🤔

Hope this helps someone else 😎

MattGr

I have had massive issues with the T503.
20 calls, and large amounts of frustration later i have a technician comingin wednesday.
They deregister them selves, only one of the four ring, in calls butno out, outcalls but no in.... i have an 83yo mum who is almost wheel chair, it is her house but in my name.
There is definitely an issue there with either T503’s or the gateway 2 modem or software or something!
Maybe even the NBN connection.
They wont admit to it but..... ive asked if there is a regular problem with this inabout 18 of the 20 phone calls....but no reply.
They know there is an issue, just dontknow what it is.
Stand up for yourself, its thereissue not ours!
MattGr

There ZERO cables with T503.
Theyare 100%wireless.
The only cable is for the charger

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more