Highlighted
GlenSmith
Level 1: Cadet

Phone line extension

Both parents are in an aged care village in seperate rooms about 60m apart. One has a landline while the other does not. As their care takes 85% of their pensions they cannot afford seperate landlines with the connection fee and ongoing line rental. Is it possible to have an extension phone line put in to the other so they both have the same number? This would be ideal due to costs restraints, and most people phoning in want to talk to both anyway. Both parents need a phone to talk with family and old friends.

Thanks,

Glen

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Phone line extension

It would depend on the facility and their setup... as often each room will be lined differently it is unlikely that they could pair the two together without issues... also running a line between the two rooms would again depend on getting permission from the facilities management.

Could you use a cordless phone in one of the rooms?

If they need a phone with bigger buttons and clear, maybe something like the UNIDEN SSE37+1P, which has a wired and wireless phone in the same pair which only run on the same one cable. ( https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone/handsets )
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

GlenSmith
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Phone line extension

Thanks for the suggestion but the rooms are to far apart for a cordless phone. We have tried that with no luck. I now have a Telstra technician coming next week to (hopefully) connect an extension phone. Both rooms are already wired with phone jacks so he should be able to do it at the switchboard.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now