Highlighted
Johnsch
Level 2: Rookie

Phone lines down

Answered

Two weeks ago my NBN went down the suggestion was from Telstra was ADSL so a technician came round and said he was going to connect.  He then put in a phone line which was not needed and disconnected all telephone extensions. To connect adsl which no longer exists.

So since then I have had numerous technicians come round  that have said they are not qualified to repair the damage.  Either Telstra do not speak English or they wish not to  understand English. 

I am left with no emergency phones I cannot send in timesheets on fax I will soon be unemployed due to not being able send timesheets.  All because phone extensions do not work.

X
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone lines down

Hi John, 

I'm not sure why ADSL would be offered when you have NBN, but it would be best to assign a case manager so we can look into this and have them give you a call. We can arrange this here for you:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

Or here:

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

This would be the best way to have this resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi John, 

I'm not sure why ADSL would be offered when you have NBN, but it would be best to assign a case manager so we can look into this and have them give you a call. We can arrange this here for you:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

Or here:

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

This would be the best way to have this resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Johnsch
Level 2: Rookie

I have called golden grove security who fixed the house alarm at a cost of $310au with a on going cost of $7.70perweek for monitoring previously I used to monitor the house alarm my self through my phone this is no longer an option. No one has come round to fix the cut wires to extensions I think the extra phone line has been disconnected and I am being charged for Larry, Mow, Curly and there 3 mates coming round to say there not qualified to fix the cut wires I am also being charged for the personnel private calles they made on my home phone. I friend of mine went to the Telstra shop in parabanks SA go refused service because I am a trouble maker by reporting to Facebook. I went to Telstra shop to finding out about the new smart modem but I can't buy one because of the dispute. I also got told the technicolor tg800vac is supposed to be the wrong modem.
X
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The TG800vac is suitable for all NBN connections. Even if you had the Telstra Smart Modem the 4G backup will only provide an Internet service. You will still not have a working phone and fax.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now