CrowdSupport®
MissRutherford
Level 1: Cadet

Phone won't work

Answered

We have been given a second hand Telstra phone, well two phones. The model number on the base shows it's a 34550.

We can get what is the main unti to wrk but the second handset won't work.

Could anyone help us please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone won't work

Hi there Miss Rutherford. I   think you may have a typo in your question, I'm assuming you are refering to the

Telstra Easy View

3400/3450 Phones, as there is no model 34550. (See the pic below and confirm if this looks like the model you have)

Sounds like the second hand set needs re-registering to the base station. To do that follow these instructions:

Register a handset

1. In standby mode, press and

or to select SETTINGS.

2. Press and or to select

HANDSET SETTINGS.

3. Press and or to select

REGISTER HANDSET.

4. Press and or to select

the desired base (Base1 to Base 4)

you want to register. And enter the

PIN (Default 4-digit PIN is 0000).

5. Press , display will show

REGISTERING...”.

If you haven't got the full user guide/manual for this phone set, you'll find a full PDF copy available to read and download at the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/telstra-3400-manual.pdf

Phone3450.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi there Miss Rutherford. I   think you may have a typo in your question, I'm assuming you are refering to the

Telstra Easy View

3400/3450 Phones, as there is no model 34550. (See the pic below and confirm if this looks like the model you have)

Sounds like the second hand set needs re-registering to the base station. To do that follow these instructions:

Register a handset

1. In standby mode, press and

or to select SETTINGS.

2. Press and or to select

HANDSET SETTINGS.

3. Press and or to select

REGISTER HANDSET.

4. Press and or to select

the desired base (Base1 to Base 4)

you want to register. And enter the

PIN (Default 4-digit PIN is 0000).

5. Press , display will show

REGISTERING...”.

If you haven't got the full user guide/manual for this phone set, you'll find a full PDF copy available to read and download at the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/telstra-3400-manual.pdf

Phone3450.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

View solution in original post

MissRutherford
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry about the mistake there, yes that"s the two phones that we have.

Thankyou so much for that information, we now have a bedroom phone that works, was so easy to follow your instructions and we've now got the guide and found a whole lot of other things we can setup.

You deserve a medal. Heart

No worries, glad we could get you up and running and provide the guide for you.

Have a great day.

Signature.gif

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now