tropic
Level 2: Rookie

Poor service

I reported my landline phone out 8AM on 10 January 2019. Never heard anything for almost a week so went into town on 15 Jan and rang Telstra. After long waits, being shuffled between people, and denial of any record of my report they finally found it and advised me there was a general outage in the area and they estimated it would be fixed the following day, 16th Jan. They sent an email confirming the details. It's now 20th Jan and still no phone. I tried to email a reply to their email but got the message it was unmonitored. So I have to wait until I can get back town again, to ring them, get on the endless queue again, and go around in circles again. So much for the service guarantee, so much for any sort of service.

Unhappy Customer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Poor service

You could report the fault online at link below.
https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/?execution=e1s5
tropic

That's where I first reported it 10 January 2019, reference no. SR-1-1868374466016. Then again on 15 January by phone, reference no. 169740165.

All I have is reference numbers and no still phone service.
tropic

It wasn't a solution so I didn't accept it. However when I posted my reply the site automatically put that as an acceptance. The issue is not resolved as I'm still paying for a service that isn't being provided.

If you don't think a reply that is marked as a solution is the solution you can un accept the solution by clicking on the three dots on the top right of post and select "Not the solution"
tropic

Thanks, I've done that now.
tropic

Continuing with this ongoing saga.

After my online report on 10/1/19, the subsequent phone call on 15/1/19, I went into town on the 22/1/19 and rang Telstra again. The bloke at the call centre was very apologetic, as usual, but initially denied there'd been any report so he had no history to check on. It becomes obvious there's a pattern to this, Telstra avoiding its service guarantee.

So he finally tells me a technician will come out the next day. I need to be near the phone and the technician will call me before he comes. Really!!!!!! They don't think things through. I'm supposed to wait by my "dead" phone to wait for a phone call on my "dead" phone from the technician who will come and try to fix my "dead" phone.

The technician did turn up and no surprise when he didn't ring me before coming. According to the technician the fault turned out to a disconnection of my line. Someone in Telstra has disconnected the wiring, either in an exchange or a junction box. So problem was fixed, a fortnight after my reporting it.

Now, one week later, 30 January 2019, the phone is out again. I've reported it online again, so looks like I'm on the same merry-go-round .... again!

No doubt they'll ignore it again until I'm able to get into town again to ring again so that they can ignore that again for another week again and so that when I get into town again a week after that they can tell me they have no record of it again.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @tropic,

Apologies for the delay in replying and for the continued issues. Have you been contacted or has this been followed up on since your post?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

tropic

Thanks for your response but after airing this issue widely on social media I got a lot of public support and many tales of similarly appalling treatments by Telstra. However, following all this there was one of those impersonal "stock standard" emails from Telstra advising "We?re working towards resolving your landline fault..."

I gather this was the result of the online public attention drawn to the issue rather than a response to my reporting of the fault online. None of my previous online reports of faults have ever been acknowledged and in fact Telstra has always denied receiving online reports from me when I've followed them up about them later.

But, on the positive side, yesterday when I checked the phone I had a dial tone. So from 10 January up to now the phone has only worked for about 7 days. It remains to be seen how long this lasts. Last year (2018) there were 5 major faults on my line. This year (in the first month of 2019) there have been 2 so far.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now