CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
afordlib
Level 1: Cadet

Precedence .. call forward / Message bank

Sorry:  I meant *24 <Number> #

Which call forward takes precedence?  It would seem logical that *24 <Number> # to call forward if busy would take precedence over forwarding to 101 (message bank).  However, mine always goes to the message bank.  Some days, I would like to forward calls to another phone .. so how do I achieve this??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Precedence .. call forward / Message bank

afordlib wrote:

Which call forward takes precedence?  It would seem logical that *24 <Number> # to call forward if busy would take precedence over forwarding to 101 (message bank).  However, mine always goes to the message bank.

Is Call Waiting active on your home phone service?

I would imagine that, if Call Waiting is active, then Call Forward On Busy will not be triggered, since you (as the B-party) should be able to elect to either pick up the incoming call, when you hear the Call Waiting pips if you are already on a call, or let it ‘ring out’ and trigger the ‘no answer’ condition. In other words, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding On Busy are logically mutually exclusive.

Some days, I would like to forward calls to another phone .. so how do I achieve this??

Either disable Call Waiting, or use Call Forward – Unconditional or Call Forward On No Answer instead.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
afordlib
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the assistance.  In fact, I need to forward calls when the line is busy, but only on certain days .. so I guess I will have to use *24 <number># BUT I will try to test if the Call Waiting is active

1.  Can I switch the message bank on and off at will??

2.  Can I temporarily switch off the divert to 101 and switch it on again at the end of the day??

3.  Can I temporarily switch off the <Call Waiting> facility and switch it on again at the end of the day??

Thank you all

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@afordlib wrote:

1.  Can I switch the message bank on and off at will??

Not unless you contact Telstra and raise an order on every occassion

@afordlib wrote:

2.  Can I temporarily switch off the divert to 101 and switch it on again at the end of the day??

Not unless you contact Telstra and raise an order on every occassion

@afordlib wrote:

3.  Can I temporarily switch off the <Call Waiting> facility and switch it on again at the end of the day??

Call waiting you can switch off and on at any time.

Call Forward Busy is not compatible with Messagebank or Telstra Home Messages 101

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

ozzie_fred
Level 2: Rookie

1. No, but you can override it with other forms of Call Forwarding

2. You can achieve what you want by activating CF Busy on those days (but only if you have turned Call Waiting off on those days).  It will take precedence over the forwarding to Message Bank, but as you will be forwarding somewhere else (eg your mobile) you will have to pay for each forwarded call.  At the end of the day you would have to disable the forwarding (and put the CW back on). 

3. Yes.  Rather than dialling lots of codes, call 1# (free call) and tell (literally) it to turn it on or off or just check on its status.  1# also lets you do forwarding by a spoken command.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit