Highlighted
mattsivills
Level 2: Rookie

Re-Hosting Domain Name

Answered

Hi All,

I’ve owned the domain name Sivills.com for the past 10 years and it has wholly and solely been hosted by Bigpond

The last time I changed my Internet Plan to ADSL from Mobile Broadband I requested that my Domain Name be Transferred prior to the Switch to reduce the chance that the DNH (Domain Name Hosting) Be affected…..or so I thought!

Im now in the situation where I have a Domain name registered with TPP/Network Solutions / Bigpond that has out of date contact details linked to it and Bigpond have not been able to help me re-host my Domain Name that they incorrectly disconnected so easily in the First Place!

I also now look at who is and see that the Status of the Domain Name is client Transfer Prohibited Ive tried to request a Domain Split also to No avail, I presume because my Contact Details are again Out Of Date

This has been going on for the last 9 months at least and I need it Resolved as it has affected my Small Business Irreparably…… Thanks to Bigpond!

Sorry for the Rant but I’m at wits end with this and just want it back to how it was….

The More frustrating thing is that I cant actually talk to anybody that was with bigpond 10 years ago and knows about the systems that were in use back then, let alone talk to anybody about domain hosting Period.

All I get back as a reply is to go to  http://go.bigpond.com/services/domain-hosting/ which just takes me in a vicious loop of nothingness.

Domain Name: SIVILLS.COM

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/

Name Server: ADNS01.BIGPOND.COM

Name Server: ADNS02.BIGPOND.COM

Updated Date: 28-jul-2011

Creation Date: 14-sep-2003

Expiration Date: 14-sep-2013

Moderation: Edited for clarity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

Re: Re-Hosting Domain Name

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. I have deployed the troops and you should receive updates about this shortly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

As a first step, you need to contact Network Solutions (your domain name registrar) and get your contact details corrected.

Were you trying to get your Domain Name Registration switched to Bigpond? This wouldn't have been necessary as your web hosting is a seperate addon to your account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mattsivills

I have tried to Contact Network Soultions with No Success...

DNR was initiated through Bigpond / Network Solutions in the outset and has always been with Bigpond. I was told I had to change the Hosting because my account changed (Which I did in the past no issues) it was just done differently this last time which has gone wrong! :-(

As far as I know, Bigpond uses Melbourne IT as its registrar.

If you have web hosting with bigpond, check with them to make sure the account is active (it should also have another address ????.bigpond.com/????? or something like that.

Make sure that the DNS should be ADNS01.bigpond.com, but you will still have to get hold of network solutions to renew your domain name in September when it expires or to get the details corrected so you can transfer it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mattsivills

Network Solutions can't do anything for me as the domain name is still hosted somehow by Bigpond, Melbourn IT have no knowledge of the Domain Name either?

Then you need to contact Bigpond to find out how to access your site if it is hosted on their system.

mattsivills

Thats what I've been trying to do for the past 9 months, Finding someone that Understands me and my issue let alone someone that I can Understand would be a good start!

OK, Two things then,

1. I assume you have called Tech Support on 133 933
  2. Try a slightly different tact. Tell them that you have forgotten how to access your hosted site and that access through your domain name is not working. If you give them your account information they should be able to give you the instructions on how to access the actual site.  You should then be able to ask them how to get your domain name to point to your hosted site/email server.  Treat it as if you have just set it up, they may be more able to help starting from a situation they are more familiar with.
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Matt,

BigPond Domains is not my area of expertise, but when I search (using any of the public available searches) for the domain that you provided, it shows that the MX records are not quite right. they should be extmail.bigpond.com.  (including the extra . ) 

You can correct this by logging into the admin panel.

From the link that you provided, you can see that there is a further link for FAQs for regarding Domain Names which also provides details on how you can contact the correct team for assistance. 

I hope this helps you get this resolved.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shelley,

Good pick up, I should have done a DIG on the domain. http://dig.whois.com.au/diggle/sivills.com

mattsivills

Thanks Shelly,

I'd Gladly change the MX Records if I could, but because my Domain Name was connected to my Old bigpond account which was canceled before it could be transfered to my New Bigpond account It doesnt come up as a Service on my New bigpond account, this is the whole Problem I cant access anything to do with my Domain Name!

Regards

Matt

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Matt,

I wish I had the solution for you.

Have you tried contacting BigPond domain team via the email contact as advised in my previous post?

They will be your best bet to have this resolved.

I have done a bit of digging.  Here is who you need to contact with regards to your account. They are the reseller associated with your account according to Network Solutions

Two Purple Plums
Phone: 1300 885 884
Fax: +61.296996088
E-mail: domains@tppwholesale.com.au

mattsivills

Jupiter,
I have already done this and they have told me that it's a bigpond issue they are only the domain name registrar on behalf of Bigpond...and could not access any account details. They could not help me.

Matt
mattsivills

Shelley,
It should be quite simple, they caused this mess in the first place! Yet when it comes to fixing it no one has a clue on how to do it, diabolical if you ask me! I can't even request a split from bigpond Hosting the domain name!!
mattsivills

Hi Shelly,
Any progress on my Domain name hosting Issues, I haven't heard anything since the queens birthday long weekend?

Matt
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. I have deployed the troops and you should receive updates about this shortly.

mattsivills

Thanks Shelly,
I've had an email from bigpond tech support will see how it goes and I'll let you know

Matt
mattsivills

Thanks Shelly,

For all your Time and Effort to get a great solution to an over due Problem, I really apreciate your Time and Patience.

Matt 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more