CrowdSupport®
RMS2
Level 1: Cadet

Remove beep from phone messages?

Answered

Hi - I have just bought and set up a new home phone - Telstra Call Guardian 302 Corded phone. In the same room as the phone I used my mobile phone to leave and record a sample message on the new phone. The new home phone then beeped about every ten seconds until I played the message.

Can this beep be turned off? I don't want it beeping for hours or even days when a new, unplayed message is recorded and no one is home.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Remove beep from phone messages?

Hey RMS2,

I can appreciate your concerns with the handset not working as you would like and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad I do have the following user manual for this handset at 

https://tel.st/whg3d

If there is a way for this to be altered then it will be listed here as to how to have this completed. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SydneyLady
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

@RMS2  Hi, not sure if this will help (I don't have this phone) but just looked through the manual and on page 4 , menu map - answer settings - answer & record - message alert - shows options On or Off.. I am guessing that message alert might be the beep ???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey RMS2,

I can appreciate your concerns with the handset not working as you would like and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad I do have the following user manual for this handset at 

https://tel.st/whg3d

If there is a way for this to be altered then it will be listed here as to how to have this completed. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

RMS2
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry - no, the posting from DingoDan is not an "accepted solution", despite showing that it is.
I have a copy of the manual that you indicated, and it does not show how you can turn off the beep noise, which happens every ten seconds when a message has been recorded and is waiting to be played.

How do you turn off this beep?  If I am out all day, for example, the phone will make a beeping noise every ten seconds, all day, permanently, until I play the recorded message or messages.

Thanks

RMS2

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RMS2,,

I'm sorry to read that Dingo's suggestion didn't resolve your query. I would suggest speaking with our faults team on 133 933, they may be able to offer a resolution.

Please let us know how you go. 

SydneyLady
Accepted Solution

@RMS2  Hi, not sure if this will help (I don't have this phone) but just looked through the manual and on page 4 , menu map - answer settings - answer & record - message alert - shows options On or Off.. I am guessing that message alert might be the beep ???

Highlighted
SydneyLady

Let me know if this worked.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now