CrowdSupport®
Muldog
Level 1: Cadet

Sparate land lines

I rang the Telstra chat line this morning to ask a question re is it possible to have 2 separate landlines going into your house because I wanted my son to have his own number, internet provider and account Etc. after some time toing & froing they ask me for my best contact and rang be back on that and once again when through the process before they transferred me to Home phone support.

Once again after a lot of toing and froning I was told that it was company policy that they only allow 1 line per house, but I could have a separate number for him added to my account and ask him to pay his portion to which I said yes and good luck I would have to keep chancing him for that!

After talking to a friend (Retired Telstra employee) who said it been a while but I sure it can be done but check internet and see what you can find out there. Found comment like yes it can be done and no not possible (Confusing) 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Sparate land lines

If you are in an NBN area, NBN Co only allow for a single connection to a property, but this also only allows for a single number.

It used to be possible to have 2 physical lines going into a house, but Telstra may have changed their policy to align with the NBN Co policy so as not to be seen to be installing something that may not work once the NBN rolls out in those areas that are still waiting for it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now