Highlighted
MarkC2244
Level 1: Cadet

Static on Phone Line

Answered

Hi Telstra,

I have been getting a very static noise on my phone line whenever I receive or make a call. It also causes my internet to drop out every 10 minutes or so. TPG advised me to contact my phone provider and get them to clear the noise/static off the line or replace the lines altogether.

I'm hoping I can receive a reply from a Telstra Representative and advise me of what I can do of my current situation.

Kind Regards,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Static on Phone Line

@jokiin wrote:
the call Telstra is that's who your landline is billed through and report a fault, static shouldn't be there and it will need to be checked by a tech, they can do some initial line tests but most often a tech is required either on site, at the exchange or somewhere in between

if the problem turns to be somewhere beyond the first point in your house then you'd be liable for any costs to rectify the problem, doesn't happen that often but something to be aware of

You can also log a phone fault here: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/;jsessionid=2C9B61BF7C9D02E284023144A4D3859C...

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

call up and report a fault with your phone line

did TPG have you do an isolation test, nothing else connected, just the modem?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
MarkC2244
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, I have done an isolation test and tried another modem. 

Cheers. 

the call Telstra is that's who your landline is billed through and report a fault, static shouldn't be there and it will need to be checked by a tech, they can do some initial line tests but most often a tech is required either on site, at the exchange or somewhere in between

if the problem turns to be somewhere beyond the first point in your house then you'd be liable for any costs to rectify the problem, doesn't happen that often but something to be aware of
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Make sure to call from a mobile so they can actually test your phone service Smiley Wink

Lathania

Accepted Solution

@jokiin wrote:

You can also log a phone fault here: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/;jsessionid=2C9B61BF7C9D02E284023144A4D3859C...

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now