CrowdSupport®
Iluvatar
Level 2: Rookie

Stutter tone disappeared

This is a simple question with a simple answer.

How can I get my Messagebank stutter time re-activated? It disappeared a week or so ago and I cannot find anyone who can reactivate it.

In the old days, before NBN, the support CSR simply called the exchange technicians and put it on the worksheet for then to 'switch' it on again. This, I was told was a 5 second job at a keybord by interacting with some GUI which controlled this feature. Now, no-one seems to know ANYTHING !

I e-mailed Fiona Hayes, but she didn't think it was worth an acknowledgment.

What do I do now?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Stutter tone disappeared

Hi @Iluvatar

To have the stutter tone enabled, please find the instructions to activate at https://tel.st/gpzde, which includes further contact points to discuss if required. 

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Iluvatar

Dear Dani39,

Unfortunately there were no instructions on that page to enable the stutter tone on a Messagebank service that otherwise appears to be working.

NOTE: I have replaced the NBN gateway with a new 'Technicolor TG799vac' and this did not change a thing. 

:-(

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @Iluvatar

How do I get MessageBank®?

If you’re on the nbn network, you already have MessageBank® included in your plan. The special stutter dial tone means MessageBank® is active.

Call 13 22 00 to activate or click here to find out more about MessageBank®.

Please note, unless MessageBank® is included in your plan, there is an additional charge for it.

How do I set up MessageBank®?

Call 125 101 and follow the prompts. You’ll be asked to:

Enter the last 6 digits of your phone number

Create a new 6-digit PIN

Record your name followed by a greeting

If you are on the nbn network and your MessageBank® is inactive, you can turn it on by dialling *99#.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Iluvatar

Dear Dani39,

As I said, my Messagebank is active and working other than the stutter tone.
So, we need some new input here.
Support Team
Support Team

Please call us on 13 22 00 to discuss further. Alternatively, you can chat with our online team at  https://tel.st/l7sdk

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now