CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bo
Level 1: Cadet

Suspend home phone for 2 months

Answered

Hi,
I am going to the oversea for more than 2 months. I would like to know whether i can suspend my account for 2months? I will be away from 13/12~15/2/2013. Can you please let me know as soon as you can?
Thanks
Bo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Suspend home phone for 2 months

You cannot suspend your service for any period of time, in a manner that allows you to retain usage rights to your current phone number when you eventually resume your service, without paying monthly plan fees in the meantime.

If you have a standalone basic telephone service (as opposed to a Bundle), I'd suggest you switch to the cheapest HomeLine plan for the duration when you're away, and switch back to your normal plan when you return, in order to minimise your out-of-pocket expense for the service when you aren't going to be using it.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

You cannot suspend your service for any period of time, in a manner that allows you to retain usage rights to your current phone number when you eventually resume your service, without paying monthly plan fees in the meantime.

If you have a standalone basic telephone service (as opposed to a Bundle), I'd suggest you switch to the cheapest HomeLine plan for the duration when you're away, and switch back to your normal plan when you return, in order to minimise your out-of-pocket expense for the service when you aren't going to be using it.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Bo
Level 1: Cadet

Oh... I am already on the cheapest home phone plan ( not bundle) Smiley Sad 

but good to know I can not suspend my account. Thanks Drat.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now