alandjude
Level 1: Cadet

T-Voice 502 and T-Gateway

I'm trying to register a Telstra T-Voice 502 handset to a T-Gateway 797nv3.  It initially replies that it is registered and then immediately says registration failed. It does appear that the phone is registered because I can make and receive calls but every 5 minutes or so I get a beep and an error message "Operation Failed" followed by another beep and the message "Please Provision a Line". I can only de-register the phone by registering an old T-Hub 2 handset. HELP

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: T-Voice 502 and T-Gateway

Hi alandjude,

Can you try resetting the TG797 back to it's factory default settings and then try registering the handset again. 

• To do this get a paperclip, or something similar, and press and hold it into the reset hole at the back of the T-Gateway, keep in pressed in for 15 seconds. Give it 2-5 minutes to reconnect to the internet. 
  • Alternatively you may prefer to do this via the modems interface http://10.0.0.138

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

alandjude
Level 1: Cadet

Re: T-Voice 502 and T-Gateway

Thanks Kenobi

I tried both your suggestions: software and hardware re-set with no success.  I might have to get tech support out to check things out.  

Another issue is the time shown on the handsets. I've gone into 10.0.0.138 and checked the time settings and that daylight saving is on but the phones still show normal time, ie 1 hour slow.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now