Highlighted
Nutter137
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 12750 AC Power Adaptor Information

Answered

I have been given a Telstra 12750 Cordless Phone with 1 additional handset but I received 3 AC Power Adaptors instead of 2.

I have checked both the base of the charging units and the User Guide and the only information I can find is that the AC Power Adaptors must be 6 Volts which all three are. I can't find out how many Milliamps are needed to safely power the Base Station with the Answering Machine or the Stand Alone Base Station.

All 3 of the AC Power Adaptors I have provide an output of 6 Volts but 2 provide 300mA and 1 provides 600mA. I'm assuming the Base Station with the Answering Machine would use the 600mA and the Stand Alone Base Station would use a 300mA but I would like to know that is correct before I plug them in to use them.

If anyone has this model phone and can tell me the Milliamp output on the AC Power Adaptors plugged into the two Base Stations I would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 12750 AC Power Adaptor Information

Hi, @Nutter137,

Thank you for your question.

The electrical current (mA) stated on any AC power supply unit is in fact the available current the adaptor can provide. The device connected to the adaptor will draw whatever current it requires so even if you connect the 'wrong' adapter, you won't cause any damage, even if the device demands more current than the adaptor can supply as there is a built-in protection circuit to prevent overload.

Regardless, the base station with answering machine would require more current than the stand alone unit, therefore you would use the 600mA supply for the one with the answering machine.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 12750 AC Power Adaptor Information

Hi, @Nutter137,

Thank you for your question.

The electrical current (mA) stated on any AC power supply unit is in fact the available current the adaptor can provide. The device connected to the adaptor will draw whatever current it requires so even if you connect the 'wrong' adapter, you won't cause any damage, even if the device demands more current than the adaptor can supply as there is a built-in protection circuit to prevent overload.

Regardless, the base station with answering machine would require more current than the stand alone unit, therefore you would use the 600mA supply for the one with the answering machine.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now