CrowdSupport®
mgglasby
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 9150 phone

I am using a Telstra 9150 phone that is supposed to have an answering machine attached. Originally this was working correctly but for some reason it has stopped taking messages and appears to be mixing up outgoing message with incoming message.

I have tried reseting everything to do with the answering machine, turning answer mode on and off, changing the outgoing message from a recorded one to the Telstra standard one and have followed all the directions in the manual.

What is happening now is that a completely different message (one obviously generated by Telstra) says 'You have reached the message bank of 'private number' and then beeps. No message is recorded but if I try to play back the message all it does is replay my outgoing message.

Frankly this is driving me nuts. I have done everything from turning off the phone base and removing the batteries but nothing seems to work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Telstra 9150 phone

You have Messagebank activated on your service.

Call 125101 from your service, and follow the prompts. I bet you will find your test messages sitting there.

To answer your next question, you will need to contact Telstra to turn it off Smiley Tongue

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now