CrowdSupport®
Katbts
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Call Guardian 301 phone

Answered

Our Telstra Call Guardian 301 phone keeps resetting time and date every time a private number calls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Call Guardian 301 phone

Hey Katbts,

Sorry that you've had some trouble with the Call Guardian and we can investigate this for you.

Recommend getting in touch with our faults team on 132203 and they can assist you further.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Katbts,

Sorry that you've had some trouble with the Call Guardian and we can investigate this for you.

Recommend getting in touch with our faults team on 132203 and they can assist you further.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

cossie
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone connected to NBN, Telstra Call Guardian 301, after each use the time and date are reset to the beginning of year and midnight. Rest the time and date SAVE, OK for a while. How can the time and date be set up to remain accurate. Call to NBN was usuccesful. Is the handset incompatible with NBN. Handset purchased form Telstra at tome of cahngeover to NBN.

Katbts

cossie I was only having to reset time and date after incoming private number calls when we purchased our 301 from Telstra. Was advised it was suitable for NBN. As of yesterday 23/11/2016 after speaking to someone yet again, suddenly all incoming calls from numbers in phonebook are intercepted by call guardian and are displaying "unavailable" hence having to reset time and date everytime someone rings. Someone from Telstra was supposed to get back to me after using the get back in touch link, so far I haven't received a call.

geoffjd

I got the same problem with date & time resetting. Is yours fixed? What did you have to do if it is fixed.
Katbts

geoffjd, the problem with our phone has been fixed, only in the last couple of weeks. I gave up phoning about it as no one ever seemed to know what the problem was and just resigned myself to having to reset time and date after private number calls. Small inconvenience for not getting unwanted calls, except it I hadn't noticed the missed call to reset time and date and alarm would go off in wee hours of the morning. I'm only guessing it was a problem with the NBN.  Just glad it has been fixed and I don't have to keep checking phone. I also don't know if it had anything to do with phone calls I made to Telstra to complain because that was so long ago and I never bothered to continue calling.

geoffjd

Hi,

Don't get in touch with 132203 as they're only line faults. They'll sell you a Telstra phone but won't give you support. I have 3 phones that reset the date, time & voice volume. They said take it to a Telstra shop. I'm buying a different brand.

Katbts

Hi geoffjd, when I did call faults they phoned through to an NBN faults number I think, but even they didn't seem to know what the problem was.  It was definitely an NBN problem and not a problem with the phone as it has corrected itself thankfully. 

geoffjd

Hi, we all know it's an NBN problem, as it didn't happen before being connected to something that was forced onto us. These overseas call centres couldn't give a stuff what happens to us. If they can't solve something, they all say go to a Telstra shop. If they want my continued ongoing payments, then they better do something, or I'm gone. I don't have any loyalty to any provider.

Highlighted
geoffjd

Hi Katbts, I got a technician to see what the problem with the time & date resetting & I put my mobile to not transmitted my number & while he had the handset in his hand it reset itself. So it's definitely when Private phone numbers dial to the 301 handset. I got 2 different knew cordless phones (free) & still kept the 301 phones(which were paid for anyway) So whoever is running the NBN needs to get this sorted.
Confuzled
Level 1: Cadet

Hi geoffjd, did you get this problem sorted?

I was considering getting this phone for my parents but not if it keeps resetting the time and date when connected to the NBN.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now