Highlighted
Trixie0
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Easy Control 202 Cordless Phone

Answered

With regard to the charging light on the base. The user pamplet says that the charging light is "steady when the handset is charging". However, even when the battery is full charged, the blue light always remains on. 

My question: Is the blue charging light on the main base supposed to remain on & steady after charging has finished or is there a fault with my main base charger?  On the contrary, the blue charging light on the base of Handset no. 2  goes OFF  when it has finished charging.  Comments & advice will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trixie0
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Easy Control 202 Cordless Phone

Thank you for your reply. I have since learned from Telstra that the blue charging light's default position on the base of handset No. 1 is to remain on & steady. Unfortunately this was not mentioned in the instruction pamphlet!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Trixie0, 

It's possible that your handset is not sitting snug in the charging cradle can you check that? You can also try unplugging your main base charger from both power and phone line, leave it unplugged for several minutes before reconnecting.  This should reset the system.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Trixie0
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your reply. I have since learned from Telstra that the blue charging light's default position on the base of handset No. 1 is to remain on & steady. Unfortunately this was not mentioned in the instruction pamphlet!!

KMow
Level 1: Cadet

Is it possible to have the light go off completely on the Telstra Easy Control 202? I have to have the base in my bedroom where the phone jack is, and I prefer darkness at night. Thanks.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KMow

It does not look like there is an option to disable the light on the base in the phone settings. 

One thing I did on my computer which has a bright led at the front is a bit of blutack. Just make sure it is not the cheap stuff as it can melt.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now