PB8
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Easy Control 202 cordless - how to dial +

Answered

How does one dial the plus (+) to make international calls? Can’t find it in the manual and tried many times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Easy Control 202 cordless - how to dial +

@PB8

The + sign cannot be called from a Landline.

This is a mobile only feature and is used in mobile software as a worldwide identifier for international dial prefix.

Even if you were to call a regular Australian number from a mobile, and you call 07[number], your mobile would automatically convert this to international format - that being +617[number].

Essentially, the + is replacing the need to call 0011 on a mobile, so even if you were to call an international phone number (lets use NZ as an example) you'd call 64[number] and this would automatically be converted to +64[number] to meet standard international format for the country you're in.

If you were to call from another country, your mobile would automatically adjust the + to be the correct international dial code for that country.

I hope that makes sense.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

You could try dialing 011 instead of +

PB8

Thanks Superhero. I agree, but I still would like to know if its possible I can dial a + (plus) with the 202 cordless phone.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@PB8

The + sign cannot be called from a Landline.

This is a mobile only feature and is used in mobile software as a worldwide identifier for international dial prefix.

Even if you were to call a regular Australian number from a mobile, and you call 07[number], your mobile would automatically convert this to international format - that being +617[number].

Essentially, the + is replacing the need to call 0011 on a mobile, so even if you were to call an international phone number (lets use NZ as an example) you'd call 64[number] and this would automatically be converted to +64[number] to meet standard international format for the country you're in.

If you were to call from another country, your mobile would automatically adjust the + to be the correct international dial code for that country.

I hope that makes sense.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PB8

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated. 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more