Highlighted
DragonJewel
Level 8: Inspector

Telstra T1000C SMS does not ring

Answered

I have a velocity service. I also have a T Hub2 tablet and 1 handset. These units do ring.

The T1000C does not ring. If I am located near enough to a THub unit I hear it I know that I can answer the T1000C. I would like to get the T1000C to ring as well. During a period when I did not have the THub on the system the T1000C worked fine. I have not changed the patch connection for either the THub or the T1000c and while that is an option I would prefer to only do this if there is some logic to support this. My phone connection box has 6 phone points for the land line. The T Gate has one to use for the THub units. One is patched to the T1000C

Is there any reason to believe one phone port is different to another? Do I just start moving things around and hope for some change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DragonJewel
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra T1000C SMS does not ring

Now I laugh..... When I was checking all settings on T1000 I noted the caller list did not show any of my many calls made during testing. Then noted the caller list of 20 was full. So I cleared the list and you guessed it the T1000 now rings OK with the THub2 in the system.

What a hoot. The T1000 stops ringing if I answer all my calls on the Thub after 20 calls that it thinks have not been answered.

Oh well problem solved. Maybe you should note for future ref.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DJ

I was hoping that somebody from the community would be able to chime in and assist, but this one seems rather tricky.

Does the T1000C still ring when used in isolation? I don't see any problem for you to try different phone points in the connection box, after all, trial and error might do the trick.

I will forward this on to get some feedback, but let us know how you go.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DragonJewel

Yes I guess I will try the "suck it and see" method. I was hoping someone with technical expertise would know if there was any priority on the lines. You asked and yes the T1000 works/rings fine when the THub2 system is not part of the setup. I'll let you know after I do the tests.

DragonJewel

Looks like there may be a problem with the T1000.

I moved conection point to reverse the priority of the connections. one at each end of point choices with no change.

I moved connections to be next to each other at far left with no change.

I didconnected the phone line from the T Gatway ALSO NO CHANGE except THub 2 phones did not ring. This was wierd as the T1000 worked OK when I did not have the THub 2 system installed. I note the DECT light on the TGateway does not go out when the phone line is disconnected but not sure if that is relevant.

The T1000 sometimes makes a very short beep when the first ring should come then nothing.

I tried leaving the Tgateway off for longer while trying a different patch cable and all 6 phone ports for the T1000.

Guess next step is the T1000 manual.

DragonJewel
Accepted Solution

Now I laugh..... When I was checking all settings on T1000 I noted the caller list did not show any of my many calls made during testing. Then noted the caller list of 20 was full. So I cleared the list and you guessed it the T1000 now rings OK with the THub2 in the system.

What a hoot. The T1000 stops ringing if I answer all my calls on the Thub after 20 calls that it thinks have not been answered.

Oh well problem solved. Maybe you should note for future ref.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now