CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Lecky
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Velocity rebate

I revently signed up for Telstra Velocity which was a very expensive process. I was told that there was a rebate available for the first connection. The Telstra rep said that this was now paid to the builder/developer. I asked the builder and he said this wasnt the case. How do i find out if there is a rebate available or if it was paid to the developer as it would go along way towards the $600 connection costs. Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Velocity rebate

The only person who could tell you if there was a rebate paid to the developer would be the developer. Telstra are not allowed to give you that information.

Normally in a SmartCommunity, all those connections are handled by the developer as part of your contract with them and you just sign up to the contract with Telstra.  Maybe read the documentation that your developer provided at the time you bought the premises.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Lecky
Level 1: Cadet

I am the first tenant in a rental property.

There was nothing connected.  Just the fibre and aerial hanging out the wall. 

The builder told me to enquire about a rebate but Telstra told me on the phone to contact the developer as they dont give out to individuals anymore. 

It was very costly to connect considering that the second tenants only have to pay %59 connection fee as opposed to the $600+ I had to pay.

Thanks for the response.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Lecky,

You could also approach your landlord or property owner. It will vary from state to state but typically infrastructure costs should be borne by them for the initial connection; or should have been borne by them on buying the property from the developer.

Please report back with your progress.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now