CrowdSupport®
StevenJ1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Voice Extender

Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me can the telstra voice extender be used with other brand wifi routers or will it only pair with telstra modems? I just got connected to the nbn and I was looking around for ways to connect our wired phones to the telstra modem which I have disabled the built in wifi so I can continue to use my higher quality wifi router and would like to use the voice extender with that router instead of telstra's if at all possible. Thanks heaps for your help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Voice Extender

As the phone is handled by the Telstra modem, you will need to keep using it. The phone service cannot be routed through a 3rd party router.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Voice Extender

The Telstra VOIP extender does not use the modems WiFi but uses the signal from the built in DECT base station, so even though the Telstra modem’s WiFi is turned off should still be able to use the Telstra Voice Extender paired to the Telstra Modem’s DECT base station.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now