CrowdSupport®
ELock
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra home phone

Answered

I have a Telstra 13450 home phone set in my new house but, although the corded base phone works fine, the extra cordless handset doesn't work. It initially says "registering please wait" then "registration failed to register HS see manual". But the manual doesn't mention what to do if the registration fails. Is there a mismatch of the handsets or is there something I can do to get them to communicate with each other? Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra home phone

On some cordless phone handset the paging button also acts as registering button. Try pressing paging button on side of base for at least 5 seconds. In use light should flash. If asked for pin try 0000

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

On some cordless phone handset the paging button also acts as registering button. Try pressing paging button on side of base for at least 5 seconds. In use light should flash. If asked for pin try 0000

ELock

Thanks cf4. I tired that and it asked me whether I wanted to de-register all devices. Do I have to de-register so it can re-register? I was reluctant to do that without knowing what the outcome would be.

You should not have to deregister all devices before registering another handset. I not sure what you should do. If you deregister all handsets you might not be able to register the original working handset.

ELock

Yes, that was what I feared. I might try declining to de-register before I proceed.

ELock

I tried declining to de-register and that put me back to square one. When I go to "Settings" and "Register" it eventually tells me "Registration failed" as before.

Has the handset been registered before. If it was registered and working previously it has to be de registered before it can be registered again.

Highlighted
ELock

It may well have been. Perhaps that is the reason  for my problem

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now