CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra long range 12750 'out of range' even when plugged into base

I seem to have had phone troubles since being connected to the NBN on fixed wireless. I'm not sure if the issues are with the connection or the devices. Does anybody else have any ideas or similar problems?

I originally had a T-hub with a cordless handset. This worked most of the time, but not always and the phone would often be un-charged even when it was in the handset all day. The t-hub completely stopped working one day and (eventually) telstra sent me a Long Range 12750 DECT360 cordless phone. This phone didn't work properly - a Telstra technician checked it out, said it was faulty and replaced it with a new one. The new one was all set up and working.

The problem is that every day, the phone displays the message 'Out of range or no power at base'. This occurs even when the handset is in the cradle of the base station (which definitely has power). I've tried re-setting (including unplugging all devices), which works on most days. Today, however, nothing is working to get the phone working again. There's terrible mobile reception here, so I really do need a home phone.

So, before I go out and purchase another phone, is it likely that it's the device/s causing the problem or could it be an issue with the service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra long range 12750 'out of range' even when plugged into base

Hey Gahhhhhh,

It's definitely a weird fault. Have you tried the phone in another power socket? Was the last phone replaced for the same issue?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Brodie,

Yes, I have tried the phone in other power sockets. The phone started working again of its own accord some hours after I posted the last message. It is currently not working (with the same recurrent issue).

The fault with the previous phone was similar, in that it was reporting 'out of range or no power at base'. The difference with the previous phone is that I was able to make (or receive) a single 'test' phone call before losing connection. The new phone has longer periods of connectivity - the 'out of range/no power' issue occurs daily for differing lengths of time but does not appear to be constant.

It's incredibly frustrating, as I do need a home phone here and I'm just not getting the consistent service that I'm paying for. I'm hesitant to go and spend even more money on another phone if it turns out that there is an issue with the service (nbn fixed wireless) and not the phone itself .

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Gahhh,

It could be an issue with the phone, but it might be best to speak to the experts for the phones. You can find the userguide here: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/Telstra-12750-guide.pdf 

It states to call them on 1300 369 193 Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Brodie,

The link you posted doesn't work.

Regardless of that, it seems rather odd that I should need to make a phone call to rectify a problem wherien my phone doesn't work properly.

This is a Telstra phone, supplied by Telstra and seen by a Telstra technician. I am tired of phoning Telstra, waiting on hold and not having issues addressed fully. It took literally months to have a technician sent to my home in the first place. Meanwhile, I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving.

I thought using a different channel to contact this company may get a different perspective and closer to actual resolution. Clearly not. I guess that, at the arbitrary time my phone returns to working order today, I'll yet again be phoning Telstra.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Gahh,

They might have moved the link around. This is the new one: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/Telstra-12750-guide.pdf

Sorry I haven't been much help Smiley Sad Unfortunately I only have standard troubleshooting steps you can try, if this continues to happen it could indicate a faulty device or a more complex issue, which is why I recommend calling the team that handles these devices. 

Brodie

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Gahhhhhh,
I have the same problem with the 13350. I've deregistered & re-registered the phones to the base station. I don't have a fix either. It's just the rubbish phones that Telstra buy, like the Thub2. I'm still waiting for the Thub department to send me 4 handset cradles after 2 weeks. Hopeless.
Highlighted

Well I googled the same problem! Endless problems with connecting NBN & now I have one phone working but not Telstra for which I think you pay for! I have changed ports I have removed battery I have just about stood on my head to try to fix it! So anyone reading this is a problem when connection to NBN happens! I have a case manager who will also hear about this! Not a happy customer! I feel your pain !
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi CA5,

If you have an SR or INT case number, can you please share that with me and I'll arrange for your case Manager to contact you. 

Angela

Highlighted

Thank you Angela but no I have rang my case manager for the last two days with no call back! I have now reopened my case it's the telecommunications ombudsman! I am so disappointed with the whole process!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CA5,

I am sorry to hear that you have had to reopen a complaint through the TIO. Please let us know if we can do anything else to assist you in resolving this matter as we'd be more than happy to. 

Georgie

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit