CrowdSupport®
Paul_Elvino
Level 2: Rookie

Turn off Telstra 101 messages

Answered

I simply cannot turn off my Telstra 101 landline service. There are plenty of pages explaining the mobile service. But how to disable the landline service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Paul_Elvino
Accepted Solution

Re: Turn off Telstra 101 messages

And what I did. It took 8 days which is a little excessive.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 23: Superhero

Hi paul, the back of house guys here at Crowd Support, prepared a special informational on how to achieve what you are after. Take a look at the following link: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones-Services-KB/Cancelling-the-Home-Messages-101-serv...

Hope this helps

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Paul_Elvino

Thanks for your help. However the link is inactive:

The message you are trying to access is not available.

Paul

Something strange there Paul, I just reopened it now, and took a screen shot as per below: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones-Services-KB/Cancelling-the-Home-Messages-101-serv...

Try again, it's definately there...

101.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Paul_Elvino

1. I do not have a privately recorded message and rely on 101 service. 

2. If I leave myself a message and then check it on my home phone I get the usual stutter telling me I have a message.

3. I listen to the message. When I press 3 after listening to the message, the system says there is no such option.

I simply want to turn off the 101 service as I will be unable to answer it for some time.

Thanks

OK, then you'll need to make direct contact with the appropriate department, the contact details/options being listed on the site, to make a arrangement for the system to be turned off by Telstra staff.

Signature.gif

Redics
Level 1: Cadet

You need to call faults department(132203) Then you'll be assisted by the tech support guy and then tell them to remove the messagebank feature on your bundle and then they will try to ask assistance on the billing team for that.

Highlighted
Paul_Elvino
Accepted Solution

And what I did. It took 8 days which is a little excessive.
Paul_Elvino

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now