Highlighted
plantie
Level 1: Cadet

Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

Answered

This week I was connected to NBN and my landline number was changed over to NBN as well.  Now I find that when I ring a number from my NBN landline my caller ID is shown as 'Private Number' on the mobiles/phones I am ringing.

How do I change this setting so that my telephone number is displayed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

It may be incorrectly marked as silent, or the CLI set to not display.

You can disable this on a call-by-call basis by dialling 1832 before the number, or get in touch with Telstra and ask them to enable CLI presentation on your line.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

It may be incorrectly marked as silent, or the CLI set to not display.

You can disable this on a call-by-call basis by dialling 1832 before the number, or get in touch with Telstra and ask them to enable CLI presentation on your line.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
badger41
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Unblocking caller ID on my landline

Sure you can ask them; and they will say fine it will be done shortly. But my caller ID remains blocked! Still showing as Private. And to think that I held the line and gave a good score. When the operator says sure no worries then that should enough but with Telstra it just doesn't happen. I have needed to unblock my landline CI because most of my family and friends use the infernal [like born with] mobile device.

linezero

Re: Unblocking caller ID on my landline

I had the opposite problem when moving to NBN. Telstra decided unilaterally to cancel my Silent Line. It only took two weeks and about 8 hours of talking to Telstra/NBN people,  including raising a formal complaint, to finally get the calling line ID blocked. But that has apparently also led to another issue - I no longer see the number of people calling me. I just hope it wan't take another marathon to fix. Good luck.

Chezzgirl

Fantastic. I added 1832 b4 I dialled a tel no. And it WORKS!
Thankyou for your post. I don't know why it doesn't come as an optional feature on Landlines. It Use to!
I will call Telstra 2 have CLI added indefinitely.
Many Thanx Kalak.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now