Highlighted
Terry15
Level 1: Cadet

Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

Answered

When using my land line to call out, the receiving persons phone shows ' no caller ID'

I want my id shown since some of the people I call will not pick up unless they can see who the caller is.

It was showing but now for some reason it is no longer is? Cant see anything in the user manual for Telstra VS80a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

Call 132200 and ask them to Permanently Unblock Caller ID on your home phone.

The other thing to note is that Caller ID does not always work between networks, so for example, if someone is on Optus they may not see your number come up (and vice versa). My parents number comes up as "Private" on my Telstra phones (mobile and fixed) as they are on Optus (and don't have caller ID blocked).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Call 132200 and ask them to Permanently Unblock Caller ID on your home phone.

The other thing to note is that Caller ID does not always work between networks, so for example, if someone is on Optus they may not see your number come up (and vice versa). My parents number comes up as "Private" on my Telstra phones (mobile and fixed) as they are on Optus (and don't have caller ID blocked).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Terry15

Many thanks
Terry15

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now