Peter4506
Level 1: Cadet

Uniden DECT 1635 unstable since changing from Optus cable to ADSL-1

Answered

I recently changed my home phone and ISP from Optus cable to Telstra ADSL-1.  Since then my Uniden DECT 1635 with 4 handhelds has not worked as reliably as it did before, even with ADSL filters on the line.  my elementary diagnostics are as follows:  

1.  I hear my hard-wired touchphone ring well before any of the Uniden hands-free handsets ring.

2.  It is necessary to press the flash/talk button to receive a call (even if the hands-free is set for auto answer when out of its cradle.

3.  Dial tone is different to what it was via Optus.

4  The Uniden base station will not record messages.  

5. Uniden service centre has told me that I need to deactivate Telstra message bank- if this is correct how do I do that.

Cheers, Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Uniden DECT 1635 unstable since changing from Optus cable to ADSL-1

To deactivate Messagebank is going to require contacting Telstra either by Phone or LiveChat so that they can process the order for you. (132200 and say "change plan" or http://livechat.telstra.com/ and follow the prompts)

If Messagebank is on, that would explain the base station not recording messages and if you have any unlistened messages that would explain the unusual dial tone.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

To deactivate Messagebank is going to require contacting Telstra either by Phone or LiveChat so that they can process the order for you. (132200 and say "change plan" or http://livechat.telstra.com/ and follow the prompts)

If Messagebank is on, that would explain the base station not recording messages and if you have any unlistened messages that would explain the unusual dial tone.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Peter4506
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, I will do as you suggest.  Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now