CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JoGolf
Level 1: Cadet

Uniden Voice Message Notification

Answered

I have a Uniden XDECT 8015 series phone (handset only, no base message unit) which comes with a Voice Message Notification in the form of a flashing light. While I can successfully connect to my Telstra Messagebank to retrieve a message, I cannot get the light to work as advertised. Uniden customer service tells me that Telstra have to active the 'voicemail waiting indicator', but telstra customer service don't know what that means. Am I using the right terminology when I'm speaking with Testra? Or is it that Telstra does not support this function? I don't want to have to pick up the phone all the time to listen for the dialtone just in case!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Uniden Voice Message Notification

Hey JoGolf,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

JoGolf, what you are after is the 'Flashing Message Indicator' which is compatible with your phone and can be added as a feature with your MessageBank service.

So to get this applied, have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Live Chat Team. Tell them to search for 'flashing message indicator' in KnowHow (our knowledge database) for instructions on how to apply this. Give them the link to this post here so they can click on above link to take them to knowledge database. Thanks JoGolf.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey JoGolf,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

JoGolf, what you are after is the 'Flashing Message Indicator' which is compatible with your phone and can be added as a feature with your MessageBank service.

So to get this applied, have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Live Chat Team. Tell them to search for 'flashing message indicator' in KnowHow (our knowledge database) for instructions on how to apply this. Give them the link to this post here so they can click on above link to take them to knowledge database. Thanks JoGolf.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

il
Level 1: Cadet

Can anyone tell me whether this advice is still currently? The 24X7 chat person told me that I had to call a 1800 number, and the person that answered my call was absolutely adamant that it was a telephone service and nothing to do with Telstra. The phone manual simply says it will work if I subscribe to a voicemail service. I am assuming that MessageBank is a voicemail service. Thanks very much.
GolferDan
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi! Yes this is still current. My phone is a Uniden, and you just need the Telstra rep to look up the Knowledge Base as instructed (quote the exact phrase). Sometimes you just need to get the right person that is willing to help.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now