Highlighted
buzzbuzzen
Level 8: Inspector

Unplug phone from NBN modem until wanting to use it ?

Answered

Hello all, my questions are , can I just unplug the home phone from the NBN Frontier modem and just plug it back in when I want to make a call on it ? Will it just reconnect ok or will there be dramas ? I am wanting to do this because 99% of all calls received on my home phone are from numbers I do not recognise and they never leave a message on the answering machine. I get these calls every couple of days and up to ten a day when they do. Thanks for any help , cheers Buzz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Unplug phone from NBN modem until wanting to use it ?

Yes you can disconnect the phone and just plug it in when you want to use it. There will be no dramas with doing this and phone will reconnect when plugged in. The only indication of an incoming call will be phone light on modem turning blue. The caller will receive ringtone until call times out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Yes you can disconnect the phone and just plug it in when you want to use it. There will be no dramas with doing this and phone will reconnect when plugged in. The only indication of an incoming call will be phone light on modem turning blue. The caller will receive ringtone until call times out.

buzzbuzzen
Level 8: Inspector

Thank you very much.
Bomber32
Level 1: Cadet

Can I unplug phone from gateway modem. Have tried status and internet lights are still red
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Bomber32

If you would like to speak with our NBN team you can reach them on 1800 834 273 and say faults.

Once connected they can help run some further tests to see what can be done to restore the connection.

Please keep us posted how you go.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now