CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Useless landline

I’ve been trying to get this sorted with Telstra for 2 years. I pay $125 a month
for access to internet and a landline phone that we never use because it never works!!!!
My husband & I both have prepaid mobiles which we both pay $ 40 - 50
each per month.
I have tried several times to resolve tjis over the phone, I’ve even gone into Telstra stores for help but they wanted us to add our mobiles to our home package ( the landline that doesn’t work) and pay more per month.
Is there anyone out there who is willing
To advise as we are both pensioners now and need to be more economical.
We both need mobiles for health purposes and need to be able to ring our family in Scotland/Ireland once a month and receive messages.
Currently able to whatsapp on my mobile.
We just think there has got to be a better plan than $125 ( $140 because it gets paid late most months - have been with Telstra for over 20 years!!!)
For a landline we never use or need.
I would be so grateful for any advice.
Thank you for taking the time to care.
Mx

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Useless landline

You will need to call 13 22 00 for a Non NBN connection for your phone to be looked at and 1800 834 273 for an NBN Connection. Once the land line is fixed those same number will get you in touch with the sales teams that can discuss putting you on a lower plan.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 21: Augmented

@051156 wrote:
I’ve been trying to get this sorted with Telstra for 2 years. I pay $125 a month
for access to internet and a landline phone that we never use because it never works!!!!
My husband & I both have prepaid mobiles which we both pay $ 40 - 50
each per month.
I have tried several times to resolve tjis over the phone, I’ve even gone into Telstra stores for help but they wanted us to add our mobiles to our home package ( the landline that doesn’t work) and pay more per month.
Is there anyone out there who is willing
To advise as we are both pensioners now and need to be more economical.
We both need mobiles for health purposes and need to be able to ring our family in Scotland/Ireland once a month and receive messages.
Currently able to whatsapp on my mobile.
We just think there has got to be a better plan than $125 ( $140 because it gets paid late most months - have been with Telstra for over 20 years!!!)
For a landline we never use or need.
I would be so grateful for any advice.
Thank you for taking the time to care.
Mx

@051156 Well changing to the new Bigpond $90 broadband plan that is a good price, and it includes all calls to landlines/mobiles (In Australia).

As for mobile phone, because you are pensioners I would recommend you port over to Telstra's little brother BELONG mobile for $10 a month, unlimited calls/SMS's. And for another $5 a month you can get unlimited calls to Ireland (Scotland not on the list though).

Belong NBN also includes $80 value SIM card for Belong mobile when signing over to that first. Although Belong NBN doesn't have a  landline but you would have unlimited calls on the mobile plan.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

I would suggest calling 13 22 00 between 8am-9pm weekdays and say "disconnect", you will get a dedicated disconnection team based in Adelaide who will be able to go over the needs with you. Tell them you don't feel you need the landline and that you find it useless and about the mobiles and they may be able to find you a better solution over all.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@Ozmoz you do realize that Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom (ie England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

@Jupiter wrote:
@Ozmozyou do realize that Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom (ie England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland)?

@Jupiter Ok, I should've said although Scotland is part of the UK it's not listed separately.

I didn't want to recommend an option for someone then later find it's not covered. I have seen too many If's/But's over the years with phone plans.

@051156 BTW, I noticed that the Belong unlimited plan is $65. So while it doesn't have a landline you could get a family member/mate (Or someone that knows how to do it) setup a VOIP device and have a DiD (Direct dial in number) so you can still have a phone.

Depending on how important your friends/family is oversea's you can set up a DiD that is a local call to them. And even have a local one here.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now