Grasstree3995
Level 1: Cadet

Why can’t we get a home phone or broadband

We’ve just moved into a new home. Not only have we been advised we cannot get internet (broadband or nbn), but we cannot get a land line. As most of the town is on nbn, except our area, we have to wait. Has anybody else experienced this? Is this unusual to anyone, except us? Thank you, in advance, for your feedback. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Why can’t we get a home phone or broadband

It is unfortunately not as unheard of as one may expect. In some areas NBN make the area ready for service but have network shortfalls within those areas. As they are trying to get most areas to ready for service they are often getting the areas up and running then coming back to upgrade or patch the network for any shortfalls. This can sometimes be as little as one or two houses and usually is resolved by additional works such as a micronode being added. 

In these areas as the area is under the NBN 'Cease Sale' rules telcos can no longer provide you with copper or cable internet so in these cases it is a matter of waiting to NBN fix their issue or looking at alternatives such as Mobile Based or Fixed Wireless style connections.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now