RandR19
Level 2: Rookie

Why promise what cannot deliver

Phone and internet down since 21/12 I can see the phone line hanging across the road is down rang Telstra and 3 different Telstra staff promise it will be fixed by 7pm no one has been out here so why promise what you can’t fix. So over not having an internet service that does not work and Telstra I have been with you since 1980 but I am getting very close to leaving!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Why promise what cannot deliver

Hi RandR19,

Hopefully this issue has since been resolved and your service is now working, but if you are continuing to experience difficulties, please contact Tech Support where they can provide you with an update. 

If an overhead wire has fallen across the road, the number to call is 13 22 03 and say 'damages'. A technician will attend to make sure this is made safe and repair the cable if possible. If the technician isn't able to repair it at the time, they will submit a report so that the appropriate team with the correct equipment (eg: elevated work platform) can safely make the repair. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

Well, it is Christmas. And lots of people are having well deserved break... I bet, you had one too... So probably, it is also time to be bit more patient... Telstra people deserve some break too... And, BTW, I believe that when Telstra talks about service guarantees to residential services, they indeed talk about business days...
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
RandR19

It’s now 6 days no service the cable is still down. I just got the account by mobile a bit insulting really.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just to clarify, is the cable still laying on the ground as you mentioned in your original post?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
RandR19

Line fault since 21/12/18

Line cable is down have reported by phone a few times since 21/12 and Telstra reports resolved it’s not the cable is still hanging hence phone and internet not working sick of reporting and no action whatsoever!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Line fault since 21/12/18

Hi RandR19

If you are still experiencing difficulties with your service after we have advised that this issue is resolved, I can only advise that you contact Tech Support on 133 933 or Phone Faults on 132203 so that they can continue to investigate this for you. 

- Shelly

RandR19

Hi Shellock oh yes thanks I rang that tel number a number of times and did all you mention. I was promised different dates which never occurred and even noted my reference calls said resolved when the overhead wires that were down actually got fixed on 4/1 and no one came out to look until that date on 4/1. Ruined our Christmas having no internet or landline and will no doubt be charged for service not working so guess will be having to spend more time calling overseas call centers to fix Telstra account,
RandR19

Well thanks for your comment and yes I am very patient. I obviously don’t expect Telstra to respond on public holidays there was three days I believe however with elderly sick family to care for With heart condition I do expect Telstra to keep their commitment promises which they didn’t a number of times hence patience is fading!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now