CrowdSupport®
DB70
Level 1: Cadet

Will DECT 6.0 phone work when connected by telephone cable to phone port in Telstra Smart Modem

Answered

Switched over to NBN this week (technician came and did his thing, FTTN) Apparently our broadband service is still working in backup mode - according to mymodem website). Our internet is working on all devices (phones, laptops, PCs etc.). I have a Panasonic Dect 6.0 cordless phone that I have plugged directly into the green phone socket on the back of my smart modem (Telstra SmartModem Gen 2 with Voice backup). It is not working - no dial tone, no incoming or outgoing calls. I have seen threads and other info that DECT 6,0 phones are not necessarily compatible with the NBN but they all seem to be referring to connecting the phone wirelessly. If the phone is connected by telephone line into the green phone socket on the modem should it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Will DECT 6.0 phone work when connected by telephone cable to phone port in Telstra Smart Modem

DECT 6.0 handset will work with base plugged into green phone port on modem. Is the phone light green. Phone light should be green even when no phone plugged in. If phone light not green then problem with how Telstra has configured your connection or faulty modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Will DECT 6.0 phone work when connected by telephone cable to phone port in Telstra Smart Modem

DECT 6.0 handset will work with base plugged into green phone port on modem. Is the phone light green. Phone light should be green even when no phone plugged in. If phone light not green then problem with how Telstra has configured your connection or faulty modem.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now