Highlighted
abthomp
Level 9: Captain

Wrong handset delivered., No one wants to help

Answered

A week ago I ordered a Telstra Call Guardian 301. Today a Telstra Call Guardian 302 was delivered. Phoned to try and arrange for the correct handset to be delivered and just get the runaround. Over 2 hours on the phone being transferred from one person to another. No one could or wanted to help. 

Surely there must be an easier way to get things done that talking to someone in Manila who really couldn't care less?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong handset delivered., No one wants to help

Hey @abthomp

Thanks for those details and I am happy to follow this up with your case manager to see if they can find a better solution to this problem for you. 

I will pass on your comments to them now and they will get in touch to discuss it further with you.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

abthomp
Accepted Solution

Finally after managing to actually contact a Telstra person in Australia I have a Reply Paid address to send the incorrect equipment to. 

No thanks to the cretins in Manila who said they'd prefer me to throw the gear in the bin rather than pay for return postage.

No point in having a call centre if calling there results in a worsening of an already bad situation

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 22: Superhuman

Best off raising a complaint, you've had not luck with billing. You can raise a complaint here
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

abthomp

Complaint raised. Don't know why people work for such a dysfunctional organisation

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @abthomp,

Thank you for your post and first of all I sincerely apologise for the difficulties you have experienced when attempting to order the Call Guardian 301. This is far from the experience we want you to get through hence you have taken the right steps in raising a formal complaint. This will assign a case manager to arrange the correct product is sent out to you and so we can internally review why we did not get this right in the first place.

I trust our case manager will contact you once some investigation has been performed and I thank you for your patience in the meantime.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

abthomp

Correct phone correctly delivered but then comes the kick in the guts. They wanted me to return the incorrect phone via Registered Post at my cost!!! Their mistake and they expect me to pay for it!!. After much argument during which I suggested they simply send me a pre-paid satchel so I could return it they came to the conclusion that it was easier (for them) if I just binned the incorrect phone.

Shareholders should be disgusted if this is the norm. To save $5 trash $42 worth of gear??

Ludicrous
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Making you return it at your cost is a clear breach of ACL, they need some serious retraining. They are legally obliged to arrange pickup and all you are required to do is ensure that it is made available for that pickup.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I'm not litigious....and not a Telstra critic .... but this is simply a breach of Australian Consumer Law. Have you spoken to your case manager about this?
If you're at the end of your tether ...you can write to senior management.
https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form
Hope this helps
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @abthomp,

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been resolved for you yet and for the service that you've received. Did your case manager advise this or are you yet to hear from them? If you can let me know your complaint reference number beginning with 'SR' I'll be happy to to follow this up with them.

- Tim 

abthomp

That was the advice given to me by my Case Manager both verbally, over the phone, and via e-mail

There is no way a perfectly good handset should be trashed just because it's all too hard for someone in Manila to send out a satchel

Case number was SR 1-1616514616488.

Wording of e-mail below

Thank you for getting in touch with us on 1 August  2018 about a complaint relating to your Telstra account number XXXXXXXXXXXX.

You were concerned that:

You received an incorrect home phone handset. 

You wanted to return the device but you want someone to pick it up or receive a satchel to return it to post office.

I've confirmed that:

We do not send someone to pick up a handset.  We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Satchel bag is only for mobile handset.

I have waived the $48 charge associated with  Telstra Call Guardian 302 Home Phone.

For your reference, your complaint reference number is  SR 1-1616514616488.

abthomp

It was my Case Manager who responded in that manner
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @abthomp

Thanks for those details and I am happy to follow this up with your case manager to see if they can find a better solution to this problem for you. 

I will pass on your comments to them now and they will get in touch to discuss it further with you.

Thanks

abthomp

So still waiting for someone from Telstra to send me a Pre-Paid Satchel so I can return the incorrect item.
Case Manager says she'll call me Friday 3/8 - doesn't call.
Books another call for 15h00 today. doesn't call.
Then calls right on dinner time.
Do Telstra deliberately employ halfwits in Manila in the hope that customers will end up going to other providers?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @abthomp,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that your case manager hasn't been in touch with you about this. I have sent them an email requesting an update and to follow up with you as soon as they can. If you don't hear from them by Thursday afternoon, please let me know. 

- Tim 

abthomp

No offence Tim but I do not want to deal with your Manila people anymore.

Get an Australian to call me

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @abthomp

When you speak with Telstra, you're connected with the team that best suits your enquiry. 

There isn't any training or abilities that are decided based on geographical location, but rather the purpose of the team. 

If you're needing to speak with someone in our complaints team, they will have the same training, abilities and access irrespective of location. 

abthomp

So, can you explain why after delivering the wrong piece of gear I was told by Telstra Manila that they preferred me to put that piece of equipment in the bin because sending out a satchel was too hard whilst Telstra Australia told me that normal procedure was to send out a satchel so I could return the incorrect equipment.

Your people sent me something I didn't order. I'm trying to do the right thing and return it to you. Your response is it's all good.

OK I'll throw the equipment into the bin and I'll let your shareholders know this is how you treat their money

abthomp
Accepted Solution

Finally after managing to actually contact a Telstra person in Australia I have a Reply Paid address to send the incorrect equipment to. 

No thanks to the cretins in Manila who said they'd prefer me to throw the gear in the bin rather than pay for return postage.

No point in having a call centre if calling there results in a worsening of an already bad situation

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now