Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: add full authority

Hey Aaron,

You would need to either visit your local Telstra store or call 132200 and say "account enquiry" and have one of the agents add her on for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

FuseO
Level 2: Rookie

Keep in mind that in doing this, you will only allow her access to about 80% of the privelages you have as I have experienced this first hand today. Essentially most of the services and requests she does after being given VIP status will be what is classified as regular requests however all of the nitty gritty stuff, do not be surprised if you are called also when she goes to do certain things. It's just pre-historic policies in place and cannot be bypassed. At least, this is what I was lead to believe.

Full authority's can do pretty much everything.

They can authorise new and re-contracted services, agree to contracts on your behalf, can add new third party contacts up to or below their level of authority (so a Full authority can add someone else as limited authority for example). They can also lodge complaints, dispute bills, cancel services...

I am a full auth on a couple of family members accounts and fix things up for them all the time without any issues.

Limited authorities however are much more limited in their authority. It is also worth noting however, that you cannot add a full authority during the first six months of a new account - during that time a limited authority is the maximum you can add.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Qkqk
Level 1: Cadet

How do I add a full authority if I am overseas and cannot call? 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Qkqk

We would be more than happy to assist you if you please chat to us securely via Live-Chat http://tel.st/49kl

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Qkqk
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jimmy. Live-Chat is experiencing delays - can you please contact me directly?
Support Team
Support Team

We do not have access to customer accounts via online so would not be able to arrange contact with you directly.

If Live-Chat is not working then the other option would be the international help desk from 8am EST on (+61) 439 12 5109.

Please let us know how you go @Qkqk

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now