jedi123
Level 1: Cadet

bare cable under house

Hi just purchased a highset house that has been renovated, no phone point inside the house however there is a cable underneath which is bare at the end. Telstra gave me an appointment time, waited all day no show, no phone call no apology nothing. out of the blue 4 days later technician turns up says line is active and pointed out the correct wire under house and says a sparky has to connect the phone line box and then left. Surely this can't the right way to treat customers, who is responsible for the first point of access to the service? For me to access the service there needs to be a connection point at the end of the cable. The previous owners didn't have a phoneline they just used mobiles, any advice would be great. I will ring the fault team tomorrow to try and rectify this but any suggestions in the meantime would be good cheers 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: bare cable under house

Hi Jedi. Thanks for coming through. Sorry for the frustration. Is this a copper, or an NBN service you're installing? 

What was the outcome of that call? I'd like to know this has been appropriately resolved. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now