CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
meegarry
Level 1: Cadet

home line fault after disconnecting old phone

i have a wireless broard band internet service. After disconnecting and reconnection my old landline phone that line no longer has a dial tone.  the internet service is uninterrupted. what can i do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
kewlgee

Re: home line fault after disconnecting old phone

I have the same problem my internet is working an no dial tone on my home landline

If not getting help i will not pay landlind part of my bill ok telstra

QH

Hi there,

We are currently experiencing the same issue. 

As an owner, we had an active Telstra home service before when we were staying here and the tenants who moved in later must have disconnected the home service as they do not require it then. 

Recently, we have now moved back to the same house and there was no dial tone. 

However, it is strange that when we called up Telstra. We were advised that the TELSTRA phone cable was actually DISCONNECTED PHYSICALLY from the house to the main Telstra point.

Now, no one ordered the physical disconnection in the first place and Telstra told us to pay a fee for their technician to come out to setup a new connection from the house to the main Telstra point, which will cost about $300! 

We cannot comprehend the need for such a cost as Telstra did not advise why the physical connection (TELSTRA phone cable) was removed in the first place without any authorisation from the owner of the property. 

To put it in the same perspective, it is similar to how we disconnect an electricity service from Synergy or Western Power and instead of just deactivating the service, the whole electrical cable was physically removed from the house to the street power line. 

Shouldn't Telstra be reconnecting the TELSTRA phone cable FREE OF CHARGE as we did not request the connection to be physically removed? 

Looking forward to a solution from a Telstra professional as we need the phone line to activate our INTERNET SERVICE asap. 

meegarry

thanks Kewlgee,  thanks and best of luck.

meegarry

thanks QH we do not have a physical disconnection. best of luck
meegarry

telstra tech arrived at home to tell me i did have a dial tone to the front of my premises.  I did tell them not to proceed inside as this incurred a charge. after thinking about the secquence of line service i went to the closest ADSL filter and disconnected the wall socket plug then reconnected.  this immediately gave me back my dial tone at that phone.  i proceeded to the next closest phone on the line repeated this and it gave me back a dial tone.  lastly to the end on the line computer and phone , repeated and achieved all dial tones without interrupting ADSL servive

Problem solved!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit